Friday, July 3, 2015

Zip Your Lip.



Ephesians 4:25-32.  The first thing we are told to do after "putting on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness" is to "put away falsehood and speak the truth".  (ESV)

Put away ALL lying.  

This includes those seemingly "harmless" little white lies, exaggerations, stretching the truth..the "acceptable" lies.  

The truth is...there are no acceptable lies.  God cannot lie. it is impossible for Him to lie.  We cannot be like Him when we lie or exaggerate nor can He join with us in our lies.  

What if I don't liked friend's dress and she asks me how it looks? How do we not hurt someone's feelings and also not tell a little white lie?  

That is something I will be praying a lot about, there has to be a way to do it or God wouldn't have told us to do it.  

If a friend asked me that question above, I would only comment on something that I did like about it,  maybe the fabric or the color.  

What about a bigger lie?  Am I willing not to lie even if it gets me in trouble?  God says I must.  Telling the truth takes courage. I must learn to be courageous and also trust God to be with me in times of trouble. 

Putting away lying takes wisdom.  Wisdom to know when not to share the truth, that isn't that persons business. Not everyone needs to know everything. 

Things to ponder and ask the Holy Spirit for guidance.  


No comments:

Post a Comment