Tuesday, June 16, 2015

THE GOOD NEWS: A NEW VIDEO! THE BAD NEWS: FIRE.

It is HOT here in Alaska, in the 80's, which is uncommon.  And it is dry, no rain to speak of.  And it's on fire.

Yes, on fire.  A wildfire in burning in Willow, not to far from my home (we are a safe distance) but it is close to my daughter's home, only 16 miles away from her.  Many people have evacuated the areas around the fire, many homes have been burned and people displaced.  Willow has a large dog-sledding community and the top female musher, DeeDee Jonrowe, lost everything in the fire but she was able to rescue her 50 sled dogs.  Sadly, her older dog and her cat perished in the fire.

Please pray this fire gets put out soon. Click on this link to find more information.
THE SOCKEYE/WILLOW FIRE IS THE #1 PRIORITY FIRE IN THE USA


(click to enlarge photo)

NEW VIDEO!  HOW TO DRAW EASY AND WHIMSICAL RIBBONS!

This is video five in the video series "All Creation Praises the Lord" based on the Psalm 97-99 pen and ink drawing in my Crossway ESV Single Column Journaling bible.

Today's video shows you how to draw pretty, dangling ribbons that are dancing on a gentle breeze.

They are good background filler for those spaces in your drawing that just need something in them.

This video did start out to be tutorial for drawing both ribbons and flowering vines but it was way too long so I split it up BUT,..you will get a nice sneak peak at what that next video will cover!



I hope you enjoy the video and as always, please share your drawings with me and I may feature them on my social media!

www.facebook.com/MichelleHotchkissArt
Instagram @MichelleHotchkissArt
or you can send me an email, see the email box on the right side of the screen.

Please feel free to ask me any questions and I will do my best to answer!



No comments:

Post a Comment