Sunday, May 31, 2015

Hello and Welcome!!


(Self portrait. Acrylic inks and watercolor on watercolor paper)

I have finally given in and started a blog.  I have avoided creating a blog for a very long time because I didn't want to be tied to the computer, but trying to organize everything on Facebook just hasn't been working very well.  


Sooo....


...here we are!!!


This blog will mostly be about my art and a few aspects of my life.  


I am starting to make video tutorials and soon will be upgrading so I can get better quality videos.  I will also be adding photo references so please subscribe to make sure you don't miss anything!  I am new at this and have never thought of myself as a teacher so this is brand new territory for me but I am greatly enjoying it!  Please feel free to ask me any questions.


I will occasionally showcase photos shared by people who have made drawings/paintings based on my tutorials.  It is so much fun for me to see all of your art, so please share!!!  Your photos definitely put a smile on my face.  :)


I will share a little bit about myself.  I am married to the most wonderful guy (Mark), who is a true gift from God.  I have two adult children, an son-in-law and two of the cutest grandkids ever.  I also have a dog...a big dog.  Her name is Halo, but she often loses her halo and then we call her MissBehave.  I was born and raised in Anchorage, Alaska and now live on a small farm in the beautiful Matanuska Valley, surrounded by glaciers and majestic mountains.


A few years ago my life completely turned upside down due to a chronic illness that progressed.  I had to leave much of my former lifestyle behind.  In the midst of all that chaos, I picked up a pencil and paper and started to sketch, mainly to keep my sanity as I just couldn't lay on the couch and watch any more TV. 


And I just didn't stop.  


As a self-taught artist, I have dabbled in many different mediums (a general term for the art supply used to create the art, such as acrylic paints, pen and ink, graphite, watercolor paints, inks, etc.) and styles.  My style is best described as "stylized", which is not photo realistic but not cartoon or caricature.  I like my art to have flowing movement, things that intertwine and maybe a touch of fantasy about them.  However, I do not box myself into one style.  I do what I like and that can change from day to day. 


Discovering art has been a true blessing.  It was like God was saving a gift for me and was just waiting for the right time to give it to me, a time when I would need it and appreciate it most.  I have been able to reinvent myself through this gift of art and I am forever thankful. 


I believe that everyone is artistic, just in different ways and different styles.  It is my goal to to share my knowledge with you, to inspire and help you tap into your own creativity.  


As the bible says, "...freely you have received, freely give".  I look forward to sharing what God has freely given me with you!  


**I do sell my art, originals and signed & numbered, limited edition of giclee prints.  

Only professional mediums and materials are used, all originals and prints meet museum quality and gallery standards.   Prints are archival and printed on heavy (approx 140 lb) professional 100% cotton fine art papers and printed with professional pigment Epson inks.    Epson is the world's leader in professional fine art printing products. 

See the Gallery for originals and prints for sale and feel free to contact me to purchase or with inquiries.  I do accept PayPal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment